Engaging Students in Virtual Learning
Recorded On: 02/18/2021
- Non-member - $49
- Thespian Troupe Director - Free!
- Junior Thespian Troupe Director - Free!
- Thespian - Free!
- Professional Member - Free!
- EDTA Staff - Free!
Teaching for student engagement in a distance learning environment is a continuously evolving process. Join theatre educator Gai Laing Jones as she shares ideas for impact in this participatory webinar.
Explore virtual learning through participation as Gai models strategies to help you identify best practices, create an ensemble based theatre classroom all while factoring in the importance of self care.
- Participants will reflect on their best practices for application for engagement and impact in distance learning.
- Participants will take part in ensemble Theatre experiences for immediate implementation.
- Participants will gather tips based on experience.
Length: 60 minutes
Gai Laing Jones
Author, Educator, Consultant
Gai Laing Jones is the author of Raising the Curtain, Activities for the Theatre Arts Classroom and is the founder of CaliforniaYouth in Theatre and Theatre Teachers Bootcamp. She taught Theatre at ElDorado High School for 34 years; upon her retirement, the Black Box Theater wasnamed The Gai Jones Theater. She hasserved on the boards of CETA and DTASC, past CA Thespians Chapter Director and is proud to serveon the EdTA Board of Directors as President. Gai is also a recipient of theEdTA President’s Award. Gai writesTheatre education books, directs, and is a guest artist and inspirationalspeaker at various conferences, an arts provider, and is a SAG/AFTRA member.