Standards-Based Lesson Planning in the High School Theatre Classroom
Developing standards-based curriculum doesn't have to mean starting your lessons from scratch. Learn how to align your teaching material with the National Core Arts Standards and your state standards, following a case study of early childhood learning in a multi-grade setting.
In this course, you will learn how to:
- Develop standards-based lesson planning in your theatre classroom
- Cross-map the National Core Arts Standards with your state standards using curriculum mapping.
This course includes:
- Instructional article explaining the process of curriculum mapping.
- Sample curriculum maps developed by Jo Strom Lane.
Video complementing the article.
- The complete National Core Arts Standards for reference
- Quiz to reinforce your learning