Recorded On: 03/18/2021
- Non-member - $49
- Thespian Troupe Director - Free!
- Junior Thespian Troupe Director - Free!
- Thespian - Free!
- Professional Member - Free!
- EDTA Staff - Free!
It flies in the face of theatrical trends in terms of physical movement. It restricts the actor to a head in a box. It requires the playwright to start with the setting then find the characters and conflict, and it may be the perfect theatre project for our times!
Join playwright and director Michael Bigelow Dixon to explore the innovative Headspace Theatre format. Read all about it in this Teaching Theatre article.
- learn the history and philosophy of Headspace Theatre
- explore examples of Headspace productions
- identify ideas for using Headspace theatre in your classroom - virtual or otherwise
Michael Bigelow Dixon
Michael Bigelow Dixon is a playwright, director and dramaturg who has worked at regional theatres across the nation. He is a former resident director at the Playwright’s Center in Minneapolis, Literary Director at the Guthrie Theatre, and former literary manager and associate artistic director at the Actor’s Theatre of Louisville.